JUNIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Riaz Inc. is currently looking for a full time Junior Staff Accountant in our San Francisco office. The Junior Staff Accountant will be responsible for administering the full cycle Accounts Payable process and as well as assist the staff accountant with daily and monthly operational responsibilities. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s abilities, talents and experience.
- Administer full cycle Accounts Payable process including verification of purchase order/work order, obtaining proper authorization and processing weekly check runs.
- Accurate AP coding for invoice and credit card charges.
- Monitor company credit cards reconciliations on weekly basis. Making sure each transaction is booked to the right property on timely basis.
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliation and resolve open bank issues and discrepancies
- Review vendor invoices and statements and make detailed inquiries in a professional manner as needed.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/yearly closing process. Support accounting team to meet deadlines.
- Provide excellent accounting service to Accounting, Property Management Departments. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other ad-hoc projects assigned by Staff Accountant, Purchasing Manager, Accounting Manager as well as theExecutive Team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in Accounts Payable job experience.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience in a Construction Company highly desired.
- Experience with Sage Timberline and/or Yardi preferred
- Proficient in Windows, other Microsoft Office suite software: Word, Excel (medium to advanced level) etc.
- Excellent references from previous employers.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be very detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- This position will also require weekly travel to out Oakland office.