The Development Director is responsible for working with our entire team to take projects from conception through completion. Work will include coordination of all consultants from Conceptual Design through Construction Documents and will include direct consultant management. This position requires a highly-motivated person with an accredited architecture degree and a minimum of 5 years working in a real estate development firm. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about real estate development, architecture and design, has an intuitive design sensibility, has direct experience managing and producing detailed construction document sets, construction administration, understands entitling and financing a project, can create and manage a budget, and is eager to assist and learn in whatever capacity is needed. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s abilities, talents and experience.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Passion for Design and Real Estate Development
- Ability to effectively manage a full team of consultants from due diligence through construction completion.
- Graduate of an NAAB accredited 4 or 5-year school of architecture or NAAB accredited Master’s of Architecture or Real Estate Development program
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with community outreach and comfortable presenting to the public
- Must be a team player who is willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles
- Ability to be a productive team member with the ability to collaborate with the team while working on complex projects against rigid timelines
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to take and give direction
- Proficient in AutoCAD, 3-D modeling programs, Adobe Suite and MS Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to efficiently interface with project team and clients
- Shows initiative, pro-activity, and ownership of projects where appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction
- Be able to prioritize and manage time effectively with the ability to be flexible and embrace shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be aware of a variety of concepts, best practices, and procedures of real estate development
- Experience working with the city of Oakland Planning and Building departments is a plus.